Cruise around Night City with this guide to Cyberpunk 2077’s vehicles
How many cars can you get in Cyberpunk 2077? If you’re looking to cruise around Night City in style, you’ve come to the right place. The sprawling neon megapolis is great to explore on foot, especially early on when missions are fairly close together, but if you’ve seen all the sights and you’re after a quicker way of getting to your next objective, you might be wondering what your options are.
Right from the start, V will have access to their own car. And while it can certainly do the job and get you from A to B, you may be looking for something a little more stylish—and that’s where this guide comes in. Read on below to discover everything we know about Cyberpunk 2077 vehicles, including the different types and how to get yourself some shiny new wheels for free.
Cyberpunk 2077 cars: Everything you need to know
There are 12 fictional manufacturers in Cyberpunk 2077, alongside two real-world vehicle designers to choose from. Thanks to commercial dealings, a 1977 Porsche 911 appears in the game. Predictably, it’s the go-to choice of wheels for Keanu Reeves’ Johnny Silverhand. Reeves’ own motorcycle company, ARCH Motorcycles, is also represented in Cyberpunk, with the manufacturer’s Method 143 Model bike appearing in Night City.
How does car/bike ownership work in Cyberpunk 2077? Like GTA 5, you can store your vehicles in your apartment’s garage. You can only call on one ride at a time, but any vehicle V isn’t using will be stored safely until your augmented hero is ready to drive it.
Reach immortality with these Cyberpunk guides
Like Cyberpunk 2077’s weapons, vehicles come in different categories. The category a car or motorcycle falls into dictates both performance and price. This means your motoring needs will always be serviced, regardless of whether V’s wallet is flush or not.
Flying vehicles appear in non-playable sections of Cyberpunk 2077, but you won’t be able to fly cars in the game (sorry, Back to the Future Part 2 fans). Although hover cars don’t make the cut, there are still plenty of rides in which to zip around Night City.
Cyberpunk 2077 Economy vehicles
If money’s tight in Cyberpunk 2077, you can still grab yourself some wheels, but you’ll be limited to one of these low-end jalopies. Spanning crappy vans, ex-police vehicles, and hatchbacks so dinky that great grandmothers of the future would be embarrassed to drive them, these are the rides you should only choose if V is in a monetary bind:
- Colby: A car for futuristic soccer moms. Manufactured by Thorton, you can identify this ride by its long body and less-than-subtle paint job.
- Hella: Produced by Archer, this is another embarrassing runaround that you’ll probably only use when you’re starting out.
- Miamam: Made by Makigak, this crummy little vehicle is basically a bumper car on four wheels. Despite its general shoddiness, its small size at least means V can use it to drive up stairways.
Cyberpunk 2077 Duty vehicles
Need to get somewhere in one piece and don’t care how many cars you crumple along the way? This sturdy class of vehicle will serve you well. Covering tanks, trucks, and SUVs, it’ll take a lot of firepower to halt these beefy rides:
- Bratsk: Truly a big muthatrucker, this sturdy lorry can withstand serious punishment and is surprisingly speedy for a vehicle of such bulk.
- Behemoth: A colossal military truck and one of the most powerful vehicles in the game, this should be your first choice of transport if you’re planning on riding into a warzone.
- Chevalier SUV: Another car that boasts a rugged outer shell. Like other Heavy Duty vehicles, this SUV proves its worth when you’re being pursued by heavily armed enemies and need to stay in one piece.
- Zeya: Built by Russian manufacturers Zeya, this truck was primarily designed to transport materials. Of course, it can also be used to ferry a wanted augmented criminal from A to B.
Cyberpunk 2077 Executive vehicles
If you want to travel around Night City with class, these are the cars you should be looking at. They aren’t the speediest vehicles in Cyberpunk 2077, but they’ll get you where you’re going in style, provided you’ve got cash to splash:
- Alvardao: Want V to be a cyber-toff? This is the car for you. With a sleek chassis and an interior more lavish than most celebrity homes, Villefort’s Alvardo is a car loved by megacorp CEOs and crime-syndicate bosses alike.
- Cortes: Who said limos were tacky, apart from everyone who isn’t a 16-year-old girl on her way to prom? It may lack subtlety, but you won’t be missed riding around in this black and yellow limousine.
- Thrax: Though it might sound like a discarded member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, Chevillon’s Thrax is a stylish car that keeps a slightly lower profile than other executive vehicles.
Cyberpunk 2077 Sport vehicles
Feeling the need for speed? These vehicles are designed to awaken your inner petrolhead. Packing serious horsepower, this is the class of car you want when in a hurry:
- AMC Javelin: Made by Quadra, this yellow speedster has appeared in several gameplay demos. Cyberpunk has a thing for yellow, huh?
- Quadra Sport: A compact sports car ideal for boosting around the back alleys of Night City.
- Quadra V-Tech: The star of Cyberpunk’s early key art. We don’t know where or when V will gain access to the Quadra, but we love its retro aesthetics.
- Shion: Probably the closest Cyberpunk 2077 is going to get to Dirt 5. This sporty rally car should serve V well on the dusty trails of The Badlands.
Cyberpunk 2077 Hypercars
Now we’re talking. If you want to master Night City’s roads with class and style, this is the unbeatable elite. These dream machines are sure to cost a fortune, but they can’t be beat for their combination of speed and looks:
- Aerondight: Named after a silver sword in The Witcher 3, this is a car fit for James Bond. This gorgeous number from Rayfield will leave you shaken and stirred (especially if you crash it).
- Caliburn: One of the fastest cars in the game. If your V ends up in this ride, you know you’ve made it.
- Outlaw: The Outlaw isn’t the fastest Hypercar in Cyberpunk 2077, but it makes up for that in style, with bodywork to make Chris Hemsworth jealous. Probably not a car you want drive to around The Badlands, which is ironic considering the name.
Cyberpunk 2077 free vehicles
Yep, you read that right—these vehicles won’t cost you any eddies at all. Some can be obtained automatically, while others might need a little legwork to locate. Either way, the vehicles listed here are free for the taking:
- Hella EC-D I360: If you recognise the name, that’s because this is the vehicle that V starts out with at the beginning of the game. It looks a bit naff but it gets the job done.
- Jackie’s Arch Nazare: You’ll be able to get this bike at the beginning of Act 2. This Cyberpunk 2077 Jackie Welles choice guide gives you all the details, though beware of big spoilers if you haven’t reached Act 2.
- Porsche 911 II Turbo: This particular car used to belong to Johnny Silverhand and you can get it during the side mission, Chippin’ In. You can find more info in this Cyberpunk 2077 Johnny Silverhand items guide.
- Apollo Scorpion: This bike is gained automatically after you complete the Life During Wartime main story quest in Act 2.
- Delamain No.21: This snazzy Delamain cab can be yours by completing the Epistrophy side job. Once you’ve tracked down the seven infected cabs, finish the quest chain to receive this vehicle.
- Mackinaw Beast: This four-wheel-drive truck can be obtained by completing the Beast in Me side jobs. You’ll get these quests from Claire, the bartender from the Afterlife club when you visit her at her garage.
- Colby CX410 Butte: This car is quite tricky to find but it’s there for the taking if you can locate it. In the Badlands, follow the road northeast from the Rocky Ridge fast travel point and take the first turning on your left. This road is a dead-end and you’ll find the car parked here.
- Rayfield Caliburn: This speedy car can be added to your collection during the Ghost Town main story mission. There is a shipping container near the mines where you fight Nash. You’ll find a shard—and the car—inside.
Published at Thu, 14 Jan 2021 11:49:31 +0000